Monday, February 27, 2012

A Tale As Old As Time



This weekened, I watched Beauty and The Beast with my granddaughter and fell in love with the timeless romance of the story all over again.

The storyline is classic. A beast too ugly for anyone to love. A beautiful woman who sees beyond the anger and the ugly to the real person inside.

This story took me back to my roots in writing. When I was a preteen, I started reading such classics as Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre and later, Victoria Holt's, Mistress of Mellyn, On The Night Of The Seventh Moon, The King Of The Castle and others.

Whether or not the beast is the hero, or the heroine, at the heart of all these romance tales, is one person's ability to look beyond the beast and see the beauty within.

So, if you haven't seen Beauty And The Beast lately, I'd urge you to watch it again. It's a beautiful tale that will touch your heart. I think it's a lesson we can all learn from. And who knows, maybe your true love is just around the corner, waiting in the beast you know.

All the best...

Mary Eason
http://www.maryeason.com/  

No comments: