Tuesday, October 09, 2012

It's finally starting to feel like fall here.

This is my favorite time of the year. Fall is in the air. Trees are turning gold and orange and it's finally getting cool enough to start creating those delicious fall recipes once more.

I've been thinking, I know I love to cook and I'm sure there are many of you who love it as well. So what better way to combine cooking with books than to give away a free ebook to one person with the best recipe.

Send me your recipes. What do you like to cook that represents Fall to you. Send them to my email, maryjeason@netzero.com and I'll select a winner, post it here and then the winner will be a surprise, a free ebook of one of my latest releases.

I can't wait to see your recipes.

Here's one of my favorite fall recipes.



Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

Ingredients

  • 2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
  • 1 (5.1-ounce) box cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
  • 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
  • 1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional

Directions

Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.
 
Total Time: 10 hr 0 min
Prep 30 min
Inactive 9 hr 0 min
Cook 30 min
Yield: 20 servings

No comments: