Monday, October 15, 2012

A Norman Rockwell Mood


I'm in a Norman Rockwell mood today. Okay, I realize that sounds silly, but yesterday, I started thinking about the upcoming holidays and Christmas and how much things have changed since Norman's time and I found myself wishing there were still such places in the world as what can be found in Rockwell's beautiful small town paintings.

Oh, don't get my wrong, I love our technological world, but wouldn't it be nice sometimes just to go back in time and live in a world where no one locked their doors at night. Everyone was respectful to each other and it wasn't so much about what you got for Christmas as it was the time you got to spend with family.

Just for a little while today, come back with me to a time when life was simple. Let's go for a cup of coffee at Aunt Mabel's and don't worry, you don't have to lock your door because this is Norman Rockwell's world.

So, what do you think? Would you like to go back there? Is there any small towns left in America that resemble Norman Rockwell towns? If you know of one, let me know.

All the best...


Mary Eason
www.maryeason.com

No comments: