Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Carrie Sinclair's Creative Guide for Getting A Life And Finding A Man


Hello, My name is Carrie Sinclair, proud owner of Carrie's Creative Catering.


For a formally small town girl, living a dream-life existence in Austin, Texas, finally being able to call myself a success in the world of catering was one of the few things I wanted from life. And the other? Well, as much as I tried to convince myself differently, I wanted to find someone who could fit into my creative plan for living. At twenty-five, I was just about ready to give up on that wish until one hot summer’s night, while my small business, Carrie’s Creative Catering, was hosting a party, I met what I believed was the man of my dreams.


This blog is dedicated to my journey for success in both love and cooking. You'll find a little bit a both here. And I hope it will make you laugh as well as cry.


So stop in from time to time and see me. You never know what you might find or what lessons in life you might discover just for the heck of it...


The recipe of the day at Carrie's Creative Catering...


Basic Salmon Croquettes

Prep: 10 min., Fry: 6 min. per batch. You can mix up the batter a few hours before you plan to cook these. I serve them with grits, but some people like to use cooked white rice and hot sauce for a truly southern recipe.

Yield
Makes 4 to 6 servings


Ingredients
1 (14-oz.) can pink salmon

1 large egg, lightly beaten

1/3 cup cornmeal mix

1/2 cup buttermilk

2 tablespoons self-rising flour object

1/8 teaspoon garlic salt

2 cups vegetable oil



Preparation
1. Drain salmon; remove skin and bones, and flake. Place salmon in a medium bowl. Stir in egg and next 4 ingredients until blended. (Batter will be wet.)
2. Drop salmon mixture by tablespoonfuls into hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and slightly flatten with a fork. Fry, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan in a 200° oven. Serve with Lemon-Caper Cream.


Recipe for Lemon-Caper Cream.

Ingredients
3/4 cup light sour cream

2 tablespoons capers, drained 2

tablespoons mayonnaise object

1/2 teaspoon lemon zest

1 teaspoon lemon juice

Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation

1. Stir together first 5 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Yield
Makes 1 cup




No comments: