Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Excerpt From Fairy Tales...





Fairy Tales releases today at Whiskey Creek Press.



So in honor of the event, I'll be posting excerpts of the story here. And if you get a chance, stop by my website and find out how to win a copy of the book.




Chapter 1

Since I was thirteen years old, I’ve wanted only one thing from life. To become an attorney. I didn’t have any interest in fairy tales or love stories. I only wanted the dream, and I was determined to make it happen no matter the cost.
Of course, Genna and Serena, my two best friends since grade school, still held out hope for me. They believed with every new boyfriend, I would find someone who was going to knock me off my feet and change my plans. When Ben Riley came into my life, they were certain of it. I didn’t have the heart to tell them it was impossible. Not even with Ben.
My future was the law.
Unfortunately, Ben had a slightly different opinion of where our relationship was heading, in spite of my attempts at getting him to see the truth. Friendship was all there could ever be between us.
Of course, Ben’s outlook on life was a wee bit desperate due to the fact his Uncle Jackson was forcing him to learn the finer points of his company’s business by sending Ben off to the further most reaches of the world. Paris of all places! Since his uncle announced this piece of news, Ben had been working overtime trying to find a way out of going. Jackson was the epitome of ‘evil uncle’ in Ben’s eyes.

No comments: