Friday, April 06, 2012

Good Friday - And Ten Thousand Angels Cried!

Let me set the scene for you. Jesus, the Creator of the world  crucified, cruelly, horribly, and bloodily, on a day just like this. We call it Good Friday. For Heaven it had to be the worst moment in human history. 

Picture it with me. Stillness filled the Heavens, on crucifixion day.Some say it rained, I don't know if it's true.Well, I can just imagine ten thousand angels cried. That would seem like rain to me and you. The angels all stood ready to take Him from the tree.They waited for the words from His voice. And when he asked the father why has thou forsaken me. They watched the saviour die of his own choice. As the sun slipped away, the skies turned to grey and when Jesus gave his all that's when the tears began to fall.

I've never seen ten thousand angels cry but I'm sure they did as they stood by and watched the saviour die.God turned his head away, he couldn't bear the sight. It must have looked like rain when ten thousand angels cried.

I can't imagine that much love. As a human being, I'm deeply ashamed that it was because of my sin, that Jesus had to die. But I'm eternally grateful that on the third day, God raised him from the dead and granted everyone who believes everlasting life.
 
So if your having a really bad Good Friday I say to you, hang in there. Sunday's coming.
 
 
 
All the best...
 
Mary Eason

No comments: