Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Welcome author Sandy Sullivan!

Welcome Sandy. I can't wait to learn more about Hot Summer Love.

 A little about Sandy...

Sandy Sullivan is a romance author, who, when not writing, spends her time with her husband Shaun on their farm in middle Tennessee. She loves to ride her horses, play with their dogs and relax on the porch, enjoying the rolling hills of her home south of Nashville. County music is a passion of hers and she loves to listen to it while she writes.




She is an avid reader of romance novels and enjoys reading Nora Roberts, Jude Deveraux and Susan Wiggs. Finding new authors and delving into something different helps feed the need for literature. A registered nurse by education, she loves to help people and spread the enjoyment of romance to those around her with her novels. She loves cowboys so you'll find many of her novels have sexy men in tight jeans and cowboy boots.

Sandy answers some questions for our readers...

When did you start writing? I've been writing since I was young, but I actually finish a novel that was publishable until 2007.




What made you write your book and why? I love cowboys and having them as my hero's was perfect. I've written several and most of them have cowboys in them. It just seemed natural to me.



Who is your inspiriation? Clay Walker. I love him! He's a country music artist and my idea of the perfect cowboy.



How did you feel when you found you had received your first contract? I was excited! I couldn't believe someone actually wanted to publish my book.



Are you writing anything new and if so what are you writing now? I'm working on a piece I pitched to Harlequin at a conference in October. I have to get it polished and submitted soon. I also just released Hot Summer Love (Cowboy Style 1) with Whiskey Creek Press and I have another piece called Love Me Once, Love Me Twice (Montana Cowboys 1) coming with Secret Cravings Publishing in December.



Do you listen to music when you're writing and if so which kind? Sometimes and it's always country or old rock.



What advice would you give a new writer breaking out into the writing field? Get a thick skin and submit, submit, submit.



What promotional advice would you give a new author and why? Make yourself known. Get on the loops and get your name out there. I've been told by several people they found me because I'm everywhere online.



Give us a glimpse in mind what are you thinking right now? I'm ready for bed and I'm having a yard sale tomorrow that I really don't want to do. LOL



Where to buy Hot Summer Love:


No comments: