Sunday, August 15, 2010

Charlie Daniels

I don't normally post email things here. But this one's good and it's by a legend. Charlie Daniels. 



Temporary Quarters 6-28-10




By Charlie Daniels



In this day of instant news coverage with immediate graphic television images of the natural and unnatural catastrophes we face, with communications capabilities to the point that the whole world is visible via satellite as media correspondents around the planet file their reports of weather, wars and acts of terror, we live in a boiling pot of anxiety and fear.



Tornados in Montana, floods in Tennessee and Arkansas, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the oil spill in the Gulf, fear of loss of jobs, fear of terror attack, fear of financial meltdown, out of control illegal immigration and the list goes on and on.



Daily we are inundated with bad news with seldom a break in the action as 24-hour cable outlets keep a running tab on the horror that goes on unabated around the world.



Old enemies are rattling their sabers again, and new ones just await a chance to do us harm.



The government seems impotent and the institutions we once depended on seem unwilling or powerless to do anything about the catastrophic events that are happening on a daily basis, the oil leak in the Gulf and the debacle at the border being just two examples of their failings.



The fact is that the global upheaval we face is far beyond the hands of mortal man. They have grown to unheard proportions and will only become more terrifying as time goes on.



Well folks, I have some great news for you; that is for you who trust in the blood of Jesus Christ.



Jesus said that He'd never forsake us and His word is pure gold and eternal. Just think of that, no matter how bad things get God will never forsake us, He will always take care of His own.



Sometimes I'll get so flustered by all the bad news and the inability of man to deal with it that it's downright despairing. I get so caught up in the frantic flow of things that I put my eyes on frail human beings and our feeble attempts to deal with the myriad of terrible problems that plague mankind.



That's when I have to remember that the God I serve is the Master of the Universe, that He loves me, that He proved it by sacrificing His own Son for the forgiveness of our sins and that He's promised to never leave me alone.



If God be for me, who can be against me?



Don't get me wrong; I am definitely not talking about just giving up and just waiting for the return of Jesus Christ; far from it.



We are supposed to strive for justice and take care of the ones in our charge for as long as we live in these earthly bodies.



But sometimes it's good to just turn off the television, put down the newspaper and remember that as bad as the news from earth can get, the news from heaven will always be wonderful, that God has prepared a place for His people, a place that we cannot even begin to imagine, where there will be no war, no economic problems, no AIDS, no cancer, no child predators, no rapists, no oil leaks, no hurricanes, no earthquakes, no tornadoes and no taxes.



A place of unspeakable peace and beauty where the lion will lay down by the lamb and the Creator of the Universe will wipe away our tears.

Where the streets are paved with gold and the water supply is the river of life.



As the old song says, "this world is not my home, I'm just passing through, my treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue."



My brothers and sisters in the Lord don't look for the problems we face to get any better. I believe that we are living in the last days before the return of Jesus Christ, days of turmoil and upheaval, wars, famine and plague.



I believe that because of what I read in my Bible. I have no way of knowing when that day will come but the signs foretold thousands of years ago are being reported on the front pages of the world's newspapers.



I believe however that we are to keep on working, keep on watching and praying and keep on reaching out a hand to our fellow man as long as we're here.



As far as the world and its troubles are concerned think about it this way, you're just in a bad neighborhood waiting on a ride to better place.

What do you think?



Pray for our troops, and for our country.



God Bless America



Charlie Daniels http://www.charliedaniels.com/soapbox-2010/soapbox-2010-0628.htm

No comments: